Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Fall Nandina Shawlette

So, it's like this.

I craft.
I sew.
I cross stitch.

I CROCHET.

It all is important to me.

I am also cleaning and purging a lot of things. It's time. And its beginning to be very effective. The clean corners give me space to breathe.

Enough preliminary information.

I cleaned out an embarrassingly piled up corner of my kitchen. It's an awkward little space that I have hated for 20+ years and we pile stuff there. I dragged it all out and went through it an item at a time. And I found YARN (imagine that)

What to do?
Stash it - nope, did not ever seriously consider it.
Sell it - nope there too, I loved this combo of colors so much
And it was good yarn. 
Only option left was MAKE SOMETHING. 

But what? And this other project is not done. Hmm!

So I left it on the table by my chair and I studied and I designed in my head and I worked on finishing the big project I was working on and the car project I was working on too. 

And then I finished the car project and I started the head designed thing with this. 
And it looked like CRAP. 
Yes crap. 

So I frogged and regrouped. 
Enter Ravelry search. 

I found this free pattern over there.
And boy does it live up to its name. 

After the first four rows, I was off and running. 
It became the car project, because it was so easy. 
I changed my yarn colors at whim.
And it was fun. 

I call mine the The Fall Nandina Triangle Shawl, because the color remind me of the Nandina bush fall colors.  that link goes to my ravelry project page with notes about the yarn if anyone is interested. 

Below are some of my pictures of the thing. 


Just started - and that orange could easily be worn as hunters safety orange, it is that bright. 
A row of single crochet and a row of double crochet --- repeat.



I really love these colors so freaking much. 


 

And the yarn is so wonderful, both to work with and that the finished object feels like.


The japanese maple tree is starting its fall color showing. and the multicolor areas have this wonderfulness of color in them.



It even matches the pretty color of my new car.



I added a button for securing this.
The button allows for closing it in any of the double crochet openings, making this very easy to secure. 

And --- I listed this on my facebook and Instagram as a give away. 

People have been very generous to me over the years and I am returning that favor now. 


No comments: