Wednesday, September 10, 2014

pretty journals


I've made "stitchie bits" for months.

Cleaning, sorting, using up.

Hoarded stash stuff. 

Getting ready for Grateful Hope. 

I knew from early on that these would become part of my journals that I am gifting each person with. 

These are raw - unedited pictures right from my camera. 

I thought the counted cross stitch was fitting for a retreat about counting blessings. 

I'll give a quick description of each. 

Keep in mind - there were no patterns for these bits.

I did have to purchase the journals (composition books), but everything else for these came from my stash. 

Worst thing about that --- this didn't make a noticeable dent in that stash. 



Rustic Blue Paper and vintage postage stamps.


Floral and a comtemporary pattern - a surprise pairing - and flat backed pearls and rhinestones.


Textured Paper and vintage buttons


Another surprise pairing - polka dots and glitter paper with vintage buttons.


I still LOVE that worn blue wooden button. The polka dots are pink on brown.

 This is ALL Tim Holtz Paper stenciled with glitter embossing powder using a stencil from Sweet Stamps


This combo is just HAPPY looking - same stencil as above and Shamrock Dreams Embossing powder from Globecraft and Piccolo

There are several papers here --- but my favorite is that bicycle image. 



This is Tim Holtz paper too - and I spotted this with clear embossing powder. Looks like it rained on it. 


More Tim Holtz - this time with vintage buttons and a gold toned braid. 




I have stashed (hoarded) that butterfly paper for a LONG TIME
Vintage buttons again (I have a thing for buttons)


Glued several papers for that background - the butterfly is embossed
 with Cranberry Wine Embossing Powder - again from G&P


I loved this stitchie bit the most -- I am thrilled with this one.



Car tag paper ---- this is just plain fun



The pattern around the stitchie is stenciled in Gilded Rose Gold Embossing powder and uses a Sweet Stamps stencil as well. 

See - I have been working -------

Have a wonderful day - LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.



No comments: